Office of the Clerk

Alyssa Singles
Ph: (231) 627-9931

Administration of:

  • Elections
  • Cemetery
  • Licenses & Ordinances
  • Public Notices


Front Desk Clerk

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the difference between real and personal property?

Real property represents land and buildings. Personal property represents the furniture, fixtures, and equipment of businesses in the City of Cheboygan.

Where can I register to vote if I live within the City of Cheboygan?

Citizen’s may register at the City Clerk’s office – City Hall, the Secretary of State’s Office, the County Clerk’s Office, or the Department of Human Services.

What Information is needed when I register to vote?

Individuals wishing to register to vote will need a driver’s license, State ID card, or Social Security number and their current address where they physically reside.

If I own a business within the City of Cheboygan, can I use that address to register to vote instead of my home address, which is located outside the City Limits?

No, Michigan Election Law states: “Residence”, as used in the Act, for registration and voting purposes means that place at which a person habitually sleeps, keeps his or her personal effects and has a regular place of lodging. A person knowingly registering to vote in a city or township, that is not their city or township of residence, is guilty of violating State Election Law and can be prosecuted for perjury. Listing a business address on a voter registration form is not permissible, unless the individual actually resides at that address.

What if I have a post office box?

A person must put their post office box on the voter application, along with the street address. The street address must be included in order to place an individual in the correct precinct.

Who do I contact for Pinehill Cemetery?

Gracie Larson – Cemetery Maintenance
Ph: (231) 818-9393

Alyssa Singles, Clerk
Sale of lots and cemetery records.
Ph: (231) 627-9931