Cheboygan Main Street
As a Main Street America™ Accredited program, Cheboygan Main Street is a recognized leading program among the national network of more than 1,200 neighborhoods and communities who share both a commitment to creating high-quality places and to building stronger communities through preservation-based economic development. All Main Street America™
Accredited programs meet a set of National Accreditation Standards of Performance as outlined by the National Main Street Center.
The Main Street DDA Board has gone through a strategic planning process to identify a Transformation Strategy for our downtown. Family Friendly + Arts & Entertainment is the transformation strategy that will be used to guide programming, planning and investment in the downtown district.
Cheboygan Main Street has established a community vision for the district:
Cheboygan is vibrant with colorful activity all year long; the infinite flow of the Cheboygan River a lyrical background to creative and family-friendly storefronts, parks and greenspaces and activities that are inviting and welcoming to everyone – residents and visitors alike. Its wayfaring and trading history and heritage is evident in thoughtfully restored buildings, public art and landmarks, and its well-lit and walkable streets offer a treasure trove of sights and sounds waiting to be discovered.
Cheboygan Main Street is overseen by the Main Street DDA Board of Directors:
- Emily Eckhart, Nourish
- Brandon Weir, Secretary, Edward Jones
- John Costin, Vice-Chairperson, Simply Marcella, The Queens Head, Stormy Kromer A Cap & Ale House, The Lark Theater
- Bobie Crongeyer, Treasurer, Judicial Management Systems, Inc.
- Eric Villanueva, Chairperson, Lindsay & Lindsay Law Partners, PC
- Christy Stempky, Vice-Chairperson, Nourish
- Christine Khan-King, Hive North
- John Stritmatter, Xact Cultivation
- Ex-Officio Members:
- Mayor Leslie A. Tebo
- Councilman Brett A. Mallory,
Polly Schneider, Executive Director – Main Street/DDA
Phone: (231) 627-9931