- This event has passed.
City’s 130th Birthday Party
Join your friends and neighbors for a series of events in Downtown Cheboygan celebrating the City’s 130th birthday!
Tour Cheboygan’s History: (FREE)
- History Center Tour – 10 am-2 pm
- Lighthouse & Crib Tour – 10 am-5 pm
- Historic Photo Exhibit @ Cheboygan Area Public Library – 10 am-4:30 pm
- Afternoon @ Cheboygan Carnegie (Poetry, Music & Other Readings) – 2-4 pm
Downtown Sidewalk Sales:
- Downtown merchants will have sales inside and out! Stop by the retailers and see what specials they are offering on this special day.
Trail Dedications: (FREE)
- Little Traverse Conservancy Duncan Bay Preserve – 10 am
- Riverside Trail in Major City Park – 11 am
Events in Washington Park: (FREE)
- Ice Cream Social with Entertainment – 2-3 pm
- Art Vision Plan Reveal – 2-4 pm
- Cake Walk – 3:30 pm
Downtown Cheboygan Pub Crawl:
- Purchase official Pub Crawl shirts for $20 and receive drink specials at participating bars/restaurants. Prior to the event, shirts are available at Cheboygan Brewing Company, Downtown Johnnies, Moose Lodge, Mulligan’s, The Nauti Inn Barstro, Pub 27, and The Queens Head. Shirts will be available the day of the event at Simply Marcella/The Queens Head.
Family Fun @ Major City Park: (FREE admission)
- Shanty Boys vs. Strait Farmhouse Club of Nankin Vintage Baseball Game 1-3 pm
- Kids Games & Activities 1-8 pm
- Co-Ed Family Fun Softball Games starting @ 4 pm
Square Dance in Festival Square: (FREE – please bring one can/dry good to be donated to the local Salvation Army)
- Square Dance lessons will begin @ 5:00 pm
- Square Dance will take place 5:30-7 pm
Cheboygan Opera House performance: (FREE)
- Cummings String Quartet will perform on the Opera House stage 7:30-9 pm
- This is a free concert, but you will need to pick up a ticket from the Opera House.
130th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION FIREWORKS
- A short fireworks celebration will be shot off from the County Fairgrounds @ dusk
For more information, please contact Kirsten Guenther, Main Street DDA Director – 231-627-9931 or email@example.com.