News & Announcements
Posted on June 4th, 2018
Posted on May 1st, 2018
The City of Cheboygan Water Department is notifying Water customers to stop running your water as of 04/30/2018. The water/sewer billing clerk shall issue a “Let Water Run Credit” for all customers on the next billing cycle. The amount of the credit will be based on the previous actual meter read billed amount.
Posted on April 4th, 2018
Please be advised that the Regular City Council Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. has been rescheduled to Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers.
Also, the Public Participation Forum at the Cheboygan Opera House is scheduled for Tuesday, April 10, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. to give the community an opportunity to provide input to the City.
Posted on March 27th, 2018
The City of Cheboygan is accepting resumes for the combined position of CITY TREASURER/CITY CLERK until 4:00 pm on April 13, 2018.
- The City Treasurer has the custody of all city funds and is responsible for the collection of City real and personal property taxes.
- The Treasurer is responsible for all accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Financial experience, computer proficiency and excellent customer service required. Proficiency with BS&A software and a background in municipal accounting is preferred. This is a full time position 40 hours per week with benefits.
- The City Clerk is responsible for all City elections and is the secretary for City Council.
- The Clerk is responsible to oversee cemetery management and human resources.
- The Clerk/ Treasurer supervises three employees and contracted cemetery maintenance personnel.
- Specific job description is located on the City website at www.cheboygan.org/residents/employment.
Posted on February 14th, 2018
Saturday, May 19, 10:00 am – City of Cheboygan Utility System Tour
This one hour tour will show us how the City maintains infrastructure, produces water, delivers water to customers, and how we “recycle” the wastewater that leaves our homes so that it does not pollute the Great Lakes. Do you have an interest in the environment, proposed Green infrastructure projects, considering a career in an environmental related field or would just like to know how the City utilities function now or in the future? Meet at the Treatment Plant at 975 N. Huron Street Cheboygan.