Opera House Committee
The City of Cheboygan is creating a committee dedicated to the restoring of the City Hall/Opera House building.
If you are interested, please fill out the City’s application available at City Hall or on our website here.
Please submit names and applications to our City Clerk by October 16, 2023, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail: PO Box 39, Cheboygan MI 49721. Questions should be addressed to Daniel Sabolsky, City Manager. Mayor Mallory will select the committee with input from City Staff.
Role of City Hall/Opera House Committee:
- Review the documents completed by Hubbell Roth & Clark Inc and the architect.
- Fundraise and review options for destructive testing (estimated cost of $200,000 +).
- Hire an engineer and raise funds to pay for Engineer (City has RFQ out for engineering services).
- Obtain bids for destructive testing (Engineer will coordinate).
- Select contractors with City and engineering firms for assistance and guidance.
- Present recommendations to City Manager and Council for approval.
- Review options to move forward to address the building issues with the engineering firm, City Staff, and Council.
- Develop plans for the next step in the process with the engineering firm, City Staff, and Council.
Posted on October 3rd, 2023 in Announcements.