News & Announcements
Posted on April 19th, 2021
The City’s Street Department will provide free pick-up service for yard rakings, brush, small tree limbs, etc.
- Refuse should be placed on the edge of the street, not in alleys, not in ditches or on grassy areas. We ask your cooperation in separating your leaves into one pile and your brush, small tree limbs into another. The City cannot guarantee pick-up if these are not separated. DO NOT USE BAGS OF ANY TYPE. GRASS or LEAVES IN PLASTIC BAGS WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
- Refuse should be out by 7:00 a.m., Monday, April 24th when City trucks will begin area pick-up, and will continue daily pick-up through Friday, May 7th. [Nothing is to be placed on the edge of the streets before April 24th or after May 7th.]
- Leaves & brush may also be dropped off at the Department of Public Works Dump located on Eastern Avenue, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. & 3:00 p.m.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Public Works at 627-2582 between 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
“WE CANNOT AND WILL NOT ACCEPT”
Garbage, household trash, appliances of any type, tin, metal, building materials, or items too heavy for one man to lift.
Bridget E. Brown
City of Cheboygan Clerk/Treasurer
Posted on April 9th, 2021
The City of Cheboygan has lifted its mandatory water run. Please stop running your water.
Posted on December 4th, 2020
As part of Tax Increment Financing Act – Act 57 of 2018, the Cheboygan Main Street DDA is required to have two informational meetings per year about our TIF. The purpose of these meetings is to inform the public of the goals and direction of the authority. The meetings are not for the purpose of voting on policy, budgets, or other operational matters.
We will be holding one such meeting during the Planning Commission meeting on December 21, 2020 at 7pm. This meeting will be held via Zoom.
A second meeting will be held during the City Council meeting on December 22, 2020 at 7pm. This meeting will be held via Zoom.
Posted on October 12th, 2020
The City’s Dumpsite on Eastern Avenue will be open Monday – Friday from 8:00A – 2:00P
Posted on October 9th, 2020
Monday, October 26th through Friday, November 6th
Please do not place debris before October 24th
Fall Hydrant Flushing
The City of Cheboygan will be flushing hydrants as follows:
- 10:00 pm Sunday, October 18th to 7:00 am Monday, October 19th
- 10:00 pm Monday, October 19th to 7:00 am Tuesday, October 20th
- 10:00 pm Tuesday, October 20th to 7:00 am Wednesday, October 21st
- 10:00 pm Sunday, October 25th to 7:00 am Monday, October 26th
- 10:00 pm Monday, October 26th to 7:00 am Tuesday, October 27th
- 10:00 pm Tuesday, October 27th to 7:00 am Wednesday, October 28th
If Needed: 10:00 pm Wednesday, October 28th to 7:00 am October 29th
Note: Please do not wash clothing without first running cold water faucets until the water is clear on these days and the following day to clear your lines of rust and other particles.