News & Announcements
Posted on April 21st, 2022
The City of Cheboygan will be flushing hydrants as follows:
- 10:00 pm Sunday, April 24 to 7:00 am Monday, April 25
- 10:00 pm Monday, April 25 to 7:00 am Tuesday, April 26
- 10:00 pm Tuesday, April 26 to 7:00 am Wednesday, April 27
- 10:00 pm Sunday, May 1 to 7:00 am Monday, May 2
- 10:00 pm Monday, May 2 to 7:00 am Tuesday, May 3
- 10:00 pm Tuesday, May 3 to 7:00 am Wednesday, May 4
- 10:00 pm Wednesday, May 4 to 7:00 am Thursday, May 5 (if needed)
Posted on April 12th, 2022
Starting on April 25 and ending May 6, 2022, the City’s Street Department will provide free pick-up service for yard rakings, brush, and small tree limbs (hereafter debris). After May 6, 2022 no debris is permitted to be placed at the edge of the streets. Debris must not be placed out for pick up before April 23, 2022.
Posted on April 4th, 2022
April 2022– August 2022
Why Are We Doing This?
The City of Cheboygan is conducting a sanitary sewer inspection program on the City’s sanitary sewer system. This is required in order to determine if the City is contributing excess flows to the sanitary sewers. These excess flows could be storm (rain) water entering the sanitary sewers through cracks in sanitary pipes, manholes or through sanitary/storm sewer cross connections. This excess flow is then unnecessarily sent through the sanitary sewers to the Cheboygan wastewater treatment plant where it is treated as if it were sanitary flow.
Posted on February 22nd, 2022
Please be advised that Mayor Tebo has cancelled the February 22, 2022 City Council meeting.
Posted on February 11th, 2022
Dear Water Customer,
The City of Cheboygan Water Department is notifying customers to start running water upon receipt of this notice. The City billing department has been notified to add your address to the “Let Water Run List” for the calculated credit.
- Please proceed to run your water at least the size of a pencil, up to the width of a cigar.
- Continue to run your water (24 hours a day / 7 Days per week) until you are notified in the spring to discontinue.
- Failure to run water constantly could result in water service freezing, even if shut off temporarily.
- Once frozen, water service may not be restored till spring, in some cases. Thawing frozen water lines is only an option for some customers. Hose connections from house to house, may not be possible.