The City of Cheboygan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and accepts employment applications only for specific positions which are open and solicited.
Temporary Part-Time Main Street DDA Assistant
Cheboygan Main Street DDA is accepting resumes for a temporary Part-Time Main Street DDA Assistant. This position is part-time (up to 20 hours per week) and will be employed up to 6 months from date of hire. Applications and resumes can be sent by February 24, 2020 to Kirsten Guenther, Main Street DDA Director, City of Cheboygan, 403 N. Huron St, PO Box 39, Cheboygan, MI 49721. The City of Cheboygan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cheboygan Main Street DDA Assistant (Temporary, Part-Time)
Work is performed under the supervision of the Main Street DDA Director or other designated manager of the City.
The Main Street DDA Assistant will provide support to the Main Street DDA Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to relate to officials, staff, and public in a courteous manner.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills
Essential Job Functions:
- Represent Cheboygan Main Street DDA in a positive light
- Meet with downtown business owners or their representatives in their place of business on a regular basis.
- Carry out duties as requested by Main Street DDA Director.
- Reasonable knowledge of basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Abide by all relevant state laws and regulations.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant and courteous demeanor working in a fast past environment.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, City officials, other employees, and the general public.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and carry out office work with minimal supervision.
- Education and/or experience in one of more of the following areas: public administration, public relations, marketing, government affairs, business, or related field. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must be entrepreneurial, energetic, imaginative, well organized and capable of functioning effectively in an independent setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work is confined mainly to an office setting.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods, walking in to downtown businesses, answering phones, performing keyboarding, computer work, filing, copying and other administrative work.
- Must be able to lift approximately 15 pounds.
The City of Cheboygan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications and resumes can be sent by February 24, 2020 to:
Kirsten Guenther, Main Street DDA Director
403 North Main Street, P.O. Box 39
Cheboygan, MI 49721